A Season of Prayer
From November 5 to December 25, Grace Church Alexandria is entering a season of prayer as a congregation. 50 Days of Prayer.
In our church’s first decade, God has performed remarkable works in the people who make up Grace Church. We are seeking God’s favor in the next leg of our journey to advance the good news of Jesus Christ in our nation’s capital region.
50 Days of Prayer
Jesus fasted in the wilderness and committed himself to God for 40 days (Luke 4:1-13). And now, Christmas is precisely 50 days from November 5, when this season of prayer begins. Will you set aside time between now and Christmas to ask God to watch over this church and cause us to flourish as we glorify His Name?
I’ve set my watch alarm for noon each day. Will you join me in prayer at noon (or a time you choose that’s good for you?
As you pray
Pray for these things–
- Thankfulness for the stories of grace God has given in our first 10 years (1 Thessalonians 1:5-7)
- Wisdom and Direction from the Spirit for the right partnership to increase our church’s ministry effectiveness (Psalm 37:5)
- Strength and Insight for the pastors as they lead the church (1 Timothy 4:11-16)
- Unity and Harmony to be a compelling display of God’s glory in the City of Alexandria (Romans 15:5-6)
- Passion and joy to love our neighbors into the kingdom of God (Ephesians 6:18-20)
- Energy and faithfulness as we serve the Lord Jesus through Grace Church (Galatians 6:9).
An Evening of Prayer: December 2
Jeremy Hyland is opening up his home for the church to share an evening of prayer together. Mark Saturday December 2 on your calendar to gather for prayer to seek for God’s good hand in our church’s story.
Great Works of God Preceded By Prayer
Jonathan Edwards, the New England missionary, theologian, and pastor, whose preaching helped spark the Great Awakening, reminds us that:
It is God’s will through his wonderful grace, that the prayers of his saints should be one of the great principal means of carrying on the designs of Christ’s kingdom in the world. When God has something very great to accomplish for his church, it is his will that there should precede it the extraordinary prayers of his people, as is manifest by Ezekiel 36:37.
And it is revealed that, when God is about to accomplish great things for his church, he will begin by remarkably pouring out the spirit of grace and supplication, Zechariah 12:10.
We desire nothing less than for the Lord Jesus to be known, treasured, worshiped, and served here in the City of Alexandria where He has planted us. Let us go forward, prayerfully, dependently, seeking his direction, requesting his aid so that we might flourish for Him.